Following guidelines can be adopted to install the DP1000 doorbell assuming satisfactory operation of the doorbell at full Wi-Fi range at desired location:
- Mount the doorbell at the desired height for pedestrian or car users. The camera angle is wide at 140 degrees to cover most scenarios.
- Make sure the availability of electric connection for power adapter behind the wall where you want to fit the doorbell.
- On stucco, brick or concrete, use the drill bit to drill two holes to install the doorbell as well as one large whole for its power supply in the wall.
- If you’re installing on wood or siding you can directly screws with the help of screwdriver. Still you will require large hole for power supply.
- Remove the rain shield out of your doorbell to access the mounting holes and install the screws as shown in figure below.
- Make connections for the power adapter with the help of power connector to the doorbell.
- Make door lock connections as per the instructions given in the section “Lock Control Wiring”.
- Fit the doorbell device in the rain shield with the help of two snap joints as shown in the figure below.
- Tighten the screws as shown in the figure below.